Your questions answered
How do I book a move with Imperial?
There are a few ways to book a move with Imperial.
- Schedule an in-home estimate by filling out our online In-Home Estimate form, and one of our agents will contact you to schedule a visit.
- You can also reach our customer service center directly by calling 212-879-6683. One of our agents will follow up with you to help schedule your in-home estimate.
Once scheduled, a moving-coordinator will be assigned to you to help answer any questions that you might have.
Will Imperial Moving Come out to do an office Move Estimate?
Yes, A salesperson will visit your location and determine the scale and weight of all your belongings that will be moved. After discussing all time or service related details to your move and answering any questions you might have, our salesperson will draft a customized quote for your entire move.
How do I add and/or remove items from my moving plan?
Contact your moving coordinator or our customer service office by phone. They will assist you with any changes, as well as providing you with an updated quote.
How does the in-home estimation work?
A salesperson will visit your location and determine the scale and weight of all your belongings that will be moved. After discussing all time or service related details to your move and answering any questions you might have, our salesperson will draft a customized quote for your entire move.
What packing options do you offer?
You can pack yourself, we can pack selections of your belongings, or we can completely pack everything. Imperial Moving personalizes your moving experience to be as easy as possible.
My move date changed. What should I do?
Imperial should be notified by phone 3-4 days in advance of a move, or of any changes made to a previously scheduled move.
Move Easier. Move With Imperial.
- Pack an overnight bag with all the essentials you will need during your move
- Wrap breakables in clean clothing for extra padding
- Cover the lids of toiletries with saran wrap, then replace the tops.
- Pack plates vertically – to minimize likelihood of breaking
- Pack items that you’ll need first in a clear plastic bin
- Keep zip-lock bags for holding any small electronics or tools
- Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so rewiring at your new home is easier
- Use all baskets, laundry bins, and suitcases for packing items to maximize space
- Use color coded labels
- Label all boxes according to their contents & what room they are going in
We have a team of dedicated moving specialists in our Greenwich Village office waiting to help.