We move everything from uprights to grand pianos with precision and care!
Piano Movers NYC
Imperial Moving & Storage understands the importance of a cherished piano. Whether you need to transport your upright or baby grand to a church, concert venue or new residence, we’re ready to help. Along with being rather heavy and cumbersome, a piano is delicate and requires special handling to ensure it arrives at its destination in the same condition as when we picked it up. Our NYC piano movers come equipped with specialized training and equipment to relocate any piano safely. Above all else, what separates our piano moving service is our attention to detail. Contact us today to set up your NYC piano move!
Move Easier. Move With Imperial.
We have a team of dedicated moving specialists in our Greenwich Village office waiting to help.
Specially trained & ready to move your piano! From uprights to baby grands.
Trusted Piano Moving Services in New York
Imperial Moving & Storage offers the following piano moving services:
- Local Piano Moving: If you need an NYC piano relocation, we are glad to assist with our expert local piano moving service. Enjoy a smooth delivery while benefiting from our affordable hourly rate.
- Long Distance Piano Transport: Relocating to another part of New York or cross-country and want to bring your piano? Imperial Moving & Storage is here to help. We specialize in long-distance piano transport and can deliver anywhere in the contiguous United States.
- Piano Moves of All Sizes: From spinet pianos to grand concert pianos, we can handle instruments of any size. We’ve successfully delivered countless pianos of all sizes and shapes. From 350-pound slim uprights to 1200-pound grands, there’s no piano our team can’t transport.
- Disassembly & Packing: Grand pianos must be taken apart before transport. Our piano moving specialists are highly skilled and take great care with their work. From the pedal feet to the piano lid, they take every precaution to protect your piano with precise disassembly, packing preparation, and wrapping.
- Storage: Looking to store your piano in New York City? Whether you have limited space in your new place, or your current home is undergoing renovations, we have the perfect solution. Imperial Moving & Storage gives you access to climate-controlled storage facilities in the city. We can pick up your piano and place it into a safe, secure, and clean storage space for as long as you need.
- Piano Reassembly: Having the right team in place to properly reassemble and set up your piano is vital. Our piano moving team will go to work as soon as your piano parts safely arrive. Once we finish the reassembly, your piano will be ready to be tuned and played. Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with hiring professionals who care. Schedule your move today!
Typical Piano Moving Costs
The cost of moving a piano in New York City is dependent on several factors: piano type, weight, transport distance, the age of instrument (in terms of fragility), and difficulty of delivery (stairways, etc.). For an accurate estimate, call us now for a free quote!
Top Reasons to Hire Professional Piano Movers in NYC
Moving a piano is a complex and arduous task that’s best left to experienced professionals. Here are a few reasons to consider hiring a piano moving company for your relocation:
It’s the Surest Way to Prevent Damage
Pianos are delicate instruments that require skill to move. Older models are particularly susceptible to damage and require handlers that know what they’re doing. If you’re looking to keep your prized musical instrument in its current condition, make sure to hire a professional that can expertly disassemble, wrap, crate, and reassemble it.
Pianos can be unbelievably bulky and heavy. However, you may think that, with the help of a few friends, you can easily move one. Think again. Ranging from a few hundred pounds to over half a ton, these behemoth instruments are no joke. To avoid back injury, a bruised ego or worse, contact Imperial Moving & Storage. We’re happy to help you avoid any issues with your piano moving experience.
Movers Come Trained and Equipped
Piano moving requires special moving equipment, including a truck and dollies. Trying to move a piano in Manhattan or the other four boroughs without the proper equipment is asking for trouble. Quality piano moving specialists are highly trained and rely on several specialized tools, harnesses, and dollies to do the job right. Just as an amateur shouldn’t attempt to fix electrical issues, it’s a wise move to hire someone with adequate experience and skills to transport your piano.
NYC is Logistically Difficult to Navigate
Even if you’ve lived here your whole life, New York City is a tough place to transport an upright or grand piano on your own. Along with traffic and congestion, you may have to contend with multiple floors, stairs, and narrow hallways. The complexities of an NYC move are exhausting and can place your musical instrument at risk for major damage. Our NYC movers know all the tips and tricks to save you the potential pain and cost of trying to do it yourself.
Imperial is Licensed & Insured
Not every moving outfit is properly licensed and insured. Don’t find this out the hard way with a damaged piano. Along with carrying up-to-date licensing and full insurance coverage, we practice risk management via comprehensive training and safety protocols to significantly reduce the likelihood of an incident.
It’s Worth the Price
The cost of hiring professional piano movers is incredibly inexpensive given the value of the instrument: Pianos aren’t cheap. A grand piano can range in value from a few thousand dollars to six or even seven figures. So, why would anyone want to take the chance with a DIY attempt or an amateurish mover? To protect your investment, it pays to hire a top-rated piano relocation company. Your peace of mind is worth it!
Need to move an upright or grand piano? Get a free quote from Imperial Moving & Storage today!
Hire professionals to move your piano with ease.